Monday, November 2, 2009

kissing with open eyes

Don't know why I've stopped writing.
I'm on the computer when I'm not at work.
I always said told myself that if I had a computer in my room, I would write all the time and that I would probably attempt to write my masterpiece.
But I never did.
Don't know why.
Guess I must have just realized that I couldn't write a novel if I tried.
Anything less than that just seems trite.
Normal, everyday thoughts and the like,
Short stories about people I know or things I've done,
And things I've made up just for fun.
At the moment I just thought about why people close their eyes when they kiss.
I'm sure it's not that they don't like looking at their partner.
But they say it's creepy when you do.
Is it creepy when someone gets really close to your face and closes their eyes?
Yes.
They're probably taking a good whiff of the scent you put off.
So then, it's creepy if you close your eyes and get close to someone, and if you don't close your eyes when you kiss someone.
Fair enough.
What are people thinking about when they kiss, if not the person before them?
Don't ask me.
katy perry Pictures, Images and Photos
Are they even thinking about kissing someone?
I just don't know why you close your eyes when you kiss they way you do when you sneeze.
Your eyes aren't going to pop out of your head if you do, by the way.
Could it be instinct?
It would be awakard if both parties involved would lock eyes as they locked lips for an extended period of time.
Staring into their eyes, their souls.
Really getting inside them using your eyes and not your dick.
But of course you could use tongue for either.
I just don't know why.
It's just one of the many things we've been accustomed to see and therefore do.
When you kiss you both go to your happy together.
A place where trees glow yellow and red in the sun's reflection and Miley Cyrus' "Party in the U.S.A." isn't stuck in your head from getting constant radio play.
In fact there is no radio, because there is no need.
You have every album you could ever imagine and in mint condition.
Your favorite record is playing.

You're alone, but you're both in this together.
It's perfect in every way that a dream is.
It doesn't exist and you don't want to open your eyes.
Then both come to and pull apart.
Smiling, of course, because you see them once again.
Thinking to yourself how good its been; placing your finger on their chin.
And then it's back to reality.
A sad reality where you are no longer kissing them anymore.
Unless the kiss meant nothing.
Then, you were probably thinking about something else.
Perhaps the thought of unbuttoning their pants.
Saying something to the nature of, "I wanna fuck you so bad right now."
Hands ruffling hair; hands everywhere.
You can never have enough hands.
Lifting them onto a counter or the sink in the bathroom at a crowded party.
Then opening your eyes when it's all over.
And you're right back where you were, kissing a stranger like you owe them something.
Like you love them.
You don't, and you're quite aware.
But it doesn't matter at this point.
What done is done.
And at that point you realize,
A kiss can mean everything; a kiss can mean nothing.

No comments: