Friday, September 26, 2008

Just livin' the dream baby!

Have you ever had one of those dreams that you wake up from and actually have to realize that you were just dreaming? I'm talking like you really thought you were living this dream, and that this was your life. Not just that, but upon waking and realizing it was just a fantasy you feel like you were just robbed of everything you ever wanted that you wish you would have never woken up. I just had that happen this morning. Well, the entire dream didn't revolve around it but most of what I can remember did.
It starts out when me and brian are at work (even though this place didn't look like tyson) and one of the chains broke that go throughout the entire plant, so we got to go home early. Pretty sweet start to this dream, because I've always heard of tyson getting out early on several occasions due to machinery malfunction but it has yet to happen to me thus far in my 3 months.
So I'm off work, got the entire to do whatever I want. It's friday, no class, no worries, no work all weekend...I had it made, little did I know things were about to get real serious real fast. But in a good way.
I came home, but not my actual house (I guess I got my own place, well, it was our place). I walk in and see my beautiful girlfriend (who for aesthetic reasons shall name Clementine, cheesy I know...but there's a story behind that that no one would know besides me). Me dreaming this was like watching it as a TV sitcom because I felt all the emotions I would have felt had I just found this out (whoa, I have a girlfriend? when did I get this sweet crib?), but the me in my dream was just livin' the dream.
I was the happiest person alive, we were the cutest couple. It was like on The Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind when he's going through all his favorite memories with Clementine, even with all the weird cut-scenes going on. It was like a picture perfect movie, and we were the stars.
I couldn't stop thinking about this at work today for some reason, and it made me sad because I used to have the biggest crush on this girl. That's how real this dream felt. I've had dreams before where I'm with someone and we're having fun and stuff, but none of them hurt so much to wake up from as this one did.
I really wish I could tivo my dreams and play this one every night for the rest of my life. Because I want to be me in that dream. I want to be as happy I am with that person, strangely enough.
Call me weird for saying that...but it is what it is.
I guess the other reason I posted this was because today at work the chain actually did brake...but we didn't get to go home. We just stopped for about 20 minutes, which is kind of like a 3rd break, so I guess my dream was at least right about one thing happening...maybe dreams do come true.
Nah...who am I kidding?

No comments: