Friday, October 22, 2010

Honeymoon is over.

There's some fucked up people in this world.
But honey, I aint one of 'em.
Call me crazy, but I can feel you in my mind.
You found a way tear down these walls.
You pulled me out of the wreck.
I saw the sparks ignite like the fire in your eyes.
We painted crooked lines but we danced in perfect time.
Beautiful day, you could hardly notice all the disease.
Everything was in its right place.
"Can we just slow down?
My head is spinning and I need some rest."
But we shouldn't slow down, not for them.
They will be the end of us.
Shunned by the angry justic mob, our own.
And everything was wrong so we sang sentimental songs.
We decorated the streets with the homeless and their whiskey bottles.
But I swore to you I loved you.
'Til death do us part, until the bitter end.
I promised you the world and all you got was half a block.

No comments: