Wednesday, October 6, 2010

A Kid Named CuDi

Last night I found out the hip-hop/r&b artist Kid CuDi will be performing at the Midland Theatre in Kansas City on October 18th. I wish I would have known sooner so that I could have requested the day off from work. Luckily today I a co-worker if I could trade shifts with her so I could attend she didn't really put up much of a fight and agreed to do so. I'm pretty excited about it. I know a lot of people who will be in attendance so it should be a really good time. I just don't have the money to buy a ticket when they go on sale tomorrow morning so I'll have to wait until next thursday when I get paid to order mine. Hopefully it's not sold out by then because the concert is four days after I plan on ordering it.
Next thursday is also the KU vs. K-State football game in Lawrence. Four Year Strong, Comeback Kid and The Wonder Years are also playing at the Granada that night. I'm having a really hard time deciding which one I'd rather be at. I don't have to pay to get into shows at the Granada so that would be a huge plus. I also know a lot of people who will be attending the show. I would, however, love to be at the football game because it'd be nice to see us pull off a victory against our in-state rivals K-State. I don't have a ticket for that and don't really plan on paying $50 for one. I'm hoping I can find a student ticket for $10. Basically that's what it's going to come down to. If I can find a cheap ticket for the game I'll probably go for at least the first half and then head over to the Granada for the rest of the show. Sounds like a great night.
After the show some of my friends who are attending are gathering at McKenzie's apartment. I would really like to go for a few reasons. I would love to hang out with some of my friends that will be there and there's this girl I also really want to hang out with. She's super cute. I've only met her once before but I would really like to get to know her. But...there's always a but.
Rachel Careathers is planning on coming up to Lawrence for the football game, so I'm going to be stuck with her for the majority of her stay in Lawrence. It would be hard/annoying to bring her with me everywhere I go, including to this after-party where I'm hoping to hang out with said cutie.
She also wants to come back for Halloween, just two weeks later. She was also up here two weekends in a row two weekends ago. I don't know what to think of it. I don't know if she just really likes me or if she's just using me to have a place to stay when she visits. She usually stays one night with me and one night some other guy she knows up here. I'm kind of apathetic to the whole situation. I thought I liked her a long time ago, but the more time I spend with her the more I want her to stop visiting. Not because I don't like her being around. She's fun and nice. I just don't like someone hanging around when I'm trying to go out.

No comments: